Contact Information

P.O. Box 14
00014 University of Helsinki
(Kopernikuksentie 1)

+358 2 941 24244

Exhibition opening hours:
Thu 12-20, Fri-Sun 12-16,
Mon-Wed closed

Irregular opening hours

Yliopistomuseo Facebookissa

Welcome to Helsinki Observatory!

Photo Timo Huvilinna.Designed by architect C. L. Engel in collaboration with Professor F.W.A. Argelander, the Helsinki Observatory was completed on Tähtitorninmäki Hill in 1834. The Observatory now functions as the astronomy visitor centre of the Helsinki University Museum. The Observatory's exhibition gives people of all ages an opportunity to learn about the history of the building and the wonders of space.

The Observatory building accommodates not only the Centre for Astronomy, but also the offices of Ursa Astronomical Association, the University's Almanac Office and Café Tiedekahvila (open by reservation only).


* * *

The Café Tiedekahvila "Cafeobs"

In July and August 2017 the Café Tiedekahvila is
open only: 1.7.2017 and 4.8.2017.