P.O. Box 14
00014 University of Helsinki
+358 2 941 24244
NEW OPENING HOURS
Thu 12-20, Fri-Sun 12-16,
Irregular opening hours
Welcome to Helsinki Observatory!
Designed by architect C. L. Engel in collaboration with Professor F.W.A. Argelander, the Helsinki Observatory was completed on Tähtitorninmäki Hill in 1834. The Observatory now functions as the astronomy visitor centre of the Helsinki University Museum. The Observatory's exhibition gives people of all ages an opportunity to learn about the history of the building and the wonders of space.
The Observatory building accommodates not only the Centre for Astronomy, but also the offices of Ursa Astronomical Association, the University's Almanac Office and Café Tiedekahvila (open by reservation only).
* * *
The Café Tiedekahvila "Cafeobs"
During the winter season the Café Tiedekahvila is open by reservation only: tel. 0400 850 869, tarjoilu(at)tiedekahvila.fi.
- Home at the Observatory
- May the Force be with Toys!
- Blue line light installation